Migrating data in Drupal 5 to 6 using Table Wizard and Migrate (Part 2 - Users & Profiles)
Well, it looks like the users are pretty simple to do. Just overwrite the Drupal 6 profile_fields, profile_values, role, users, and users_roles tables with the Drupal 5 ones. No need to do any importing (which would have been pretty complicated with all the profile values in there).
Couple of things to watch for though:
- The users table now has uid as an auto-increment value, and the default value is None, instead of 0. So update those settings. You may have to set user 0 to a very high number first, and then reset it to 0 afterwards. If you do that, reset the next auto-increment value to the next highest number again.
- You also need to add in a signature_format field, just after the signature field. Check the settings for the field from any Drupal 6 install.
- There is also a new timezone_name field at the end of the users table. However, this only gets added by the Date module, so if you're not using that module, don't worry about it.
- You need to change the settings for the name field in the profile_fields table so that NULL is not allowed and the default is blank.
- For the profile_values table, I could not make uid and fid primary keys, so I simply exported the tables with phpMyAdmin and imported them into the drupal6 table.
- In the users_roles table, add an index to the rid field.