Moving from BZR to GIT
Seeing as Drupal.org is moving to git soon, I figured I would switch from bzr to git too. I still use SVN for some clients, but all my own stuff was under bzr.
I didn't want to lose my commit history, so I searched around and eventually found a way to convert it to git. I am on Windows 7, so I installed cygwin 1.7.7 to get a linux commandline. During installation I selected both bzr and git.
- Afterwards I went into cygwin, and changed to the C:\cygwin\lib\python2.6\site-packages\bzrlib\plugins\ directory.
- From there I ran
bzr branch lp:bzr-fastimport/0.6, which downloaded the fastimport (and fast-export) plugin.
- I renamed the created 0.6 folder to fastimport.
- I changed to the folder where my bzr repo was sitting and ran the following commands:
- $ alias bzrexp="/lib/python2.6/site-packages/bzrlib/plugins/fastimport/exporters/bzr-fast-export.py"
- $ git init
- $ bzrexp branch_name | git fast-import
- $ git reset HEAD
- I deleted the .bzr folder and that was it.