Seeing as Drupal.org is moving to git soon, I figured I would switch from bzr to git too. I still use SVN for some clients, but all my own stuff was under bzr.
I didn't want to lose my commit history, so I searched around and eventually found a way to convert it to git. I am on Windows 7, so I installed cygwin 1.7.7 to get a linux commandline. During installation I selected both bzr and git.
- Afterwards I went into cygwin, and changed to the C:\cygwin\lib\python2.6\site-packages\bzrlib\plugins\ directory.
Here is a great tip that can save you hours of work. Sometimes you have messed up characters in your database - wrong character encodings - or you want to strip out some text in a certain table's field. In phpMyAdmin, open up the SQL dialog and use the following code (change tablename and tablefield to your name and field values):
UPDATE tablename SET tablefield = replace(tablefield, "findstring", "replacestring");
You can also tack on a WHERE statement, if you like.