Installing TinyMCE (with img_assist) in Drupal 5.1
Each time I install this module, I have to go through several steps to get it to work properly. I have now finally decided to actually write those steps down somewhere, and what better place than my own blog :)
- extract module into its own folder
- extract tinymce-22.214.171.124 into the module folder, creating a new tinymce folder i.e. you should have the following folder structure: modules/tinymce/tinymce.
- activate the module in Drupal
- create a new input type that has no input filters checked (NOTE: (1) if you're using img_assist, then tick the "Inline images" option - see below for installation steps for this plugin
(2) if you're worried about security issues, then use Full HTML - you might have to add some extra elements to the allowable list)
- go to access control and give at least one role the "access tinymce" rights
- go to the TinyMCE admin settings page and create a new profile
- in Basic setup check the following options:
- default state: enabled
- allow users to choose default: allow
- show disable/enable rich text editor toggle: true (default) NOTE: if you use the img_assist module, and set this to false, you will have the regular img_assist icon appear below your text areas, as well as an icon in the TinyMCE toolbar. By enabling this option, the img_assist is hidden from view until you click "disable rich text". Personally, I like it to work this way, so that I can still insert images, even if TinyMCE is turned off.
- in Visibility check "Show on only the listed pages." and enter "node/*" and "comment/*" into the box.
NOTE: if you are using i18n, then you must put "*/" in front of any URL to allow for the language path
NOTE 2:If you want to disable TinyMCE for specific textareas, you can. Check out this article.
- tick the following buttons for a fairly simple interface:
- advanced link
- bold, italic, underline
- left, right center and justified alignment
- unordered and ordered list, indent and outdent
- create link, break link
- image, font color